Health and Safety Award
The two Health and Safety Awards give member companies the opportunity to celebrate achievements throughout their workforce and to share best practice throughout the industry.
2019 ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED.
2019 Award Winner
Winners to be announced at our Annual Dinner Evening.
The below projects are shortlisted in our Best Practice Health and Safety Awards:
2019 shortlisted companies with more than 250 employees
- Aggregate Industries - Suppressing the Enemy
- Bison Precast: a Forterra Brand - HAVWEAR Implementation
- Bison Precast: a Forterra Brand - Tilt Table Safety Improvements
- Creagh Concrete Products - Safe Erection of Precast Panels
- FP McCann - LEV Upgrade Employee Safety
- Marshalls - Mortar POD Truck Cleaning Project
2019 shortlisted companies with less than 250 employees
- Brilliant Ideas - The Safety Net Rescue System
- Quinn Precast - Bed Saw Health and Safety Enhancement Project
- ROCO Concrete Machinery - T-Beam/Lintel Wire Cutter
- Stanton Bonna - New RAPID Batching Plant and Concrete Delivery System
- Stanton Bonna - 'Gully Grab' Lifting Accessory
For further information on the above projects, download our 2019 Annual Review.
2018 Award Winner
Creagh Concrete Products - General Improvements in Prestressing Operations
The project submitted by Creagh Concrete represents a comprehensive review of their stressing operations resulting in an exemplary standard of engineering control over noise and RCS combined with improved visibility and protection for prestressing operations. The improvements to the Roco Multiangle Saws reduce noise at source, removing operator reliance on PPE and the introduction of high visibility bed covers decrease the likelihood of any breach of the exclusion zone while stressing operations are taking place.
The 2018 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Tarmac - Aircrete Void Guard
- Aggregate Industries - Thinking Outside the Confined Space
- Brett Landscaping - Safe Work at Height Access for Cuber Maintenance
- Brett Landscaping - Safe High-Level Access to Rekers 2 Curing Chamber LPG Burners
- Brett Landscaping - Penta Chute Wear Plates
For further information on the above projects, download our 2018 Annual Review.
2017 Award Winners
Health and Safety award winner (less than 250 employees) - Beresford's Flooring for Brilliant Ideas, The Hole System for Marking, Drilling, Plugging and Sealing
With a new lightweight system named ‘The Hole System’, a number of operations to the underside of Hollowcore floors can now be completed from ground level. This has reduced working at height, repetitive strain risks, exposure to dust and alkaline drilling wash water, and other risks associated with the regular assembly and moving of access equipment.
Health and Safety award winner (250 or more employees) - Brett Landscaping and Building Products for Improvements to Shot Blast Pallet Transfer Conveyor
Creating a combined scrap handling system and improvements to the pallet transfer conveyor have drastically reduced gate access frequencies and exposures in both scrap and pallet areas for Fork lifts and personnel alike. In addition, reduced manual handling and improved posture during work, with reductions in twisting and reaching, have also been recorded.
This award provides a mechanism for companies and the wider sector to celebrate the positive influence and impact that individuals and teams have made to create safer and healthier workplaces.
2017 shortlisted companies with 250 or more employees
- Aggregate Industries - At Home with a Vacuum Dust Reduction Program
- Brett Landscaping and Building Products - Improvements to Shot Blast Pallet Transfer Conveyor
- Forterra Building Products - Improvements to Mixer and Weigh Bin Wash System
- Forterra Building Products - Slurry Tank Improvement Projects
2017 shortlisted companies with fewer than 250 employees
- Beresford Flooring - Brilliant Ideas - 'The Hole System' for Marking, Drilling, Plugging and Sealing
- Longley Concrete - Improved Wire Dispenser Eyelet Design
- Stanton Bonna Concrete - New Gully Lifter Design To Reduce Risk
- Stanton Bonna Concrete - Reducing Installation Risks with New Pipe Pusher
For further information on the above projects, download our 2017 Annual Review.
2016 Award Winner
Forterra - Safe Stressing
Highly Commended in the Health and Safety Award for the project: To Improve Handling Precast Products was Longley Concrete.
Highly Commended in the Health and Safety Award for the project: Redesign of Mould Carrier Casings was Brett Landscaping and Building Products.
The 2016 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Forterra - Safe Stressing
- Longley Concrete - To Improve Handling Precast Products
- Brett, Cliffe - Redesign of Mould Carrier Casings to Allow Safer Removal of Poles and Carrier
- Brett, Pocklington - Pocklington Patio Project Pack Build Automation
- Sterling Services - Sterling Services Factory Improvement Works
For further information on the above projects download our 2016 Annual Review
The 2016 Health and Safety Award was sponsored by Croner
2015 Award Winner
Aggregate Industries - Load Security
Highly Commended in the Health and Safety Award for the project: Simplex Machine Noise Reduction was Stanton Bonna Concrete.
The 2015 shortlisted entries for this award were as follows:
- Brett Landscaping and Building Products - Improved Traffic Management System Deliver Safer Site
- brett Landscaping and Building Products - Tipping Vehicles Safety - Do's and Don'ts
- Charcon Construction Solutions - Don't Walk
- Longley Concrete - Pedestrian Walkway
- Marshalls - Vehicle Safety Improvements
- Aggregate Industries - Load Security
- Stanton Bonna Concrete - Simplex Machine Noise Reduction
For further information on the above projects, download our 2015 Annual Review
The 2015 Health and Safety Award was sponsored by Megasteel Ltd